Yangtze River Travel
- Yangtze River Map
- How to Get to the Yangtze
- Travel Tips
- Things to do Along Yangtze
- Security and Safety on a Yangtze Cruise
- Preparation for a Yangtze River
- Ancient Towns along the Yangtze River
Ask a question?
Terms & Conditions
The receipt of your deposit and/or final payment will indicate that you and your travel agent (when applicable) have read these Terms and Conditions, and that you (and your agent) have accepted them. The Terms and Conditions below form the basis of the contractual relationship between CITS Guilin and its clients. It is extremely important that our clients understand and accept these Terms and Conditions as well as all web contents.
Deposit & Final payment
A deposit which is equal to 10% of the total tour cost is required at the time of booking. The full or final payment is required 30 days before departure for your China tour. Should the tour booked within 30 days before departure for your China tour, full payment is required.
Methods of Payment
We are now able to offer 3 methods of Payment:
Disclaimer of Difference Caused by Exchange Rate
(For clients who make payment by credit card only).
Yangtzeriver converts Chinese CNY to US Dollars at a rate of CNY 6.45 = US$1 for our quotations but must charge your credit card in Chinese currency (CNY). Banks and Credit Card companies may use rate that are less favorable to you than our rate. Here is an esxample:
Yangtzeriver quotes CNY682.9 for travel and this equates to US$100 at exchange rate CNY6.45 = US$1 in our quotation. Banks and credit card companies will usually use a rate that enables them to make a profit on the exchange transaction. An example of this would be that they use an exchange of CNY6.45= US$1. This will mean that CNY645 equates to US$100.8 and they will charge $100.8 to your credit card. The difference of $0.8 is the profit that has been made by the bank or credit card. Yangtzeriver has no way to alter this situation and we get no benefit from the difference appearing on your credit card.
Note: The Exchange Rates of RMB against the US Dollar and other currencies are fluctuating frequently due to the changing world financial situation. Please check the exchange rate before you pay.
The Chinese currency is currently fixed to the value of the US Dollar, so as the value of US Dollar changes on international currency market, the relationship between the Chinese Renminbi and the US Dollar remain the same. Some countries say that this does not give a true indication of the strength of the Chinese currency internationally and there is pressure on China to change the current relationship to the US Dollar.
Yangtzeriver currently quotes tour prices in US Dollars on our web site to give you an idea of the tour cost and quote in CNY to you at the time when you are making bookings.
We would deeply regret your decision to cancel your trip to China, however we realize that there are many valid reasons that this can happen.
In the event of cancellation we will refund any payment made to Yangtzeriver (less any cancellation fee that is applicable) within 14 days of our receipt of your written cancellation request.
The cancellation fee will be calculated as follows:
1. Cancellation received up to 14 day before departure: 100 % refund of all monies paid .
2. Cancellation received from 7 to 13 days before departure: 10% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
3. Cancellation received from 3 to 6 days before departure: 50% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
4. Cancellation received from 2 to 0 days before departure: 100% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the tour price full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your willingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
Alterations to your itinerary before the booking are happily processed free of charge. Alterations after payment of the deposit will attract a fee of $25.00 per request. All expenses incurred by Yangtzeriver in alteration of the booking are the responsibility of the customer. This includes all fees and charges levied by third parties such as cruise operators, airlines and hotels.
All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visas or permits at the commencement of travel. All such documentation is the sole responsibility of the client. Your travel advisor may assist you in applying for the necessary travel documentation upon request. Yangtzeriver accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the failure of clients to obtain appropriate documentation.
In accordance with regulations of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China, the free baggage allowance within China is 20kg for the economy class, 30kg for the business class, and 40kg for the first class, plus limited carry-on luggage. Excess baggage charges are the sole responsibility of the client. Regulations within China specify that all suitcases must have a locking device attached. Failure to follow this regulation may result in refusal by airport staff to load suitcases onto the aircraft.
Yangtzeriver tour packages include China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance up to a maximum of $29,000 provided free of charge as part of our package. We still highly recommend that you purchase full coverage travel insurance from you country of origin. Insurance provided by Yangtzeriver is not applicable where only hotel or China flight booking are purchased through Yangtzeriver.
Shall you feel unsatisfied with any service Yangtzeriver has provided, please notify your local tour guide or your travel advisor to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your trip.
Liability & Responsibility
Yangtzeriver shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent or fraudulent, omissions, changes of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by any suppliers such as transportation carriers, cruise, and hotels, or any other party not directly owned or controlled by Yangtzeriver.
Yangtzeriver is not responsible for a client’s failure to comply with customs regulations.
Yangtzeriver is not responsible for the theft or lost of any customer’s valuables or items of personal property due to the negligence of the customer.
Yangtzeriver reserves the right to substitute hotels, flights, or cruise ships, to alter itineraries, or to cancel the tour prior to departure. If Yangtzeriver has cancelled any tour prior to the commencement of the tour, Yangtzeriver is liable for a full refund of the money received by Yangtzeriver.
Many of Yangtzeriver tour packages include activities which require care attention. Such activities include boarding and going ashore from boats, climbing hills and entering and exiting tombs and caves etc. You will receive help and advice from our representatives but all activities are undertaken at your own risk. Yangtzeriver, its employees and agents cannot be responsible for any action or event that occurs after its said employees and agents have exercised their duty and taken the necessary care.
Yangtzeriver reserves the right to modify or rescind the terms and conditions in whole, or in part at any time with or without notice.
2. The coach will pick up and return all tour guests to their hotels. This may mean that guests spend a substantial time on the coach while traveling between hotels. This time onboard the coach is always included as part of the duration of the tour.
3. A large tour group obviously reduces the ability of the guide to answer particular questions from guests and satisfy special requests from guests.
4. Guests may be required to move through the attractions at a pace faster that they wish, to meet the demands of the whole tour party and the time restrictions.
5. If you need to catch the overnight train, you will need to check out the hotel before you start the tour and you could save your luggage in the lobby.
6. Yangtzeriver specializes in Private Tours but we also realize that some people prefer a slightly less expensive option. Is order to achieve these savings we sometimes use SIC Tours run by other operators to reduce the cost to our customers if requested by the customer. These tour operators will usually have two shopping opportunities each day and will also offer optional tours during the tour or at night. These shopping stops and tours provide income for the operator, the guide and driver. Yangtzeriver has no control over this activity. We want you to be aware of this in advance.
Yangtzeriver want to provide the best possible China experience at the best possible price so we want you to be fully informed and to meet your expectation as best we can. I hope you will allow us to see if we can better serve you.